Today's brew is a seasonal from the folks over at the Brooklyn Brewery - the Brooklyn Winter Ale.
This one is a beautiful copper color (I need to work on my photography a bit - its hard to tell from my picture) with a short-lived, off-white head.
On the palate it has a very light mouthfeel with little carbonation. The flavors are definitely very malty with a slight sweet tinge. Based on what the Brooklyn Brewery website says about this beer, there are some American roasted malts and that is the predominate flavor that comes across. There is an ever so slight bitterness on the mid palate and some caramel, but not much else.
When I think of winter beers I really associate darker, heavier styles with lots of spice. This one is a little dark, but not very heavy at all and is mostly sweet malt in taste. It is only 6% ABV and somewhat reminds me of a American bock than anything else. Not a bad brew, but nothing that stands way out either. 82 out of 100.
No comments:
Post a Comment